Summary: Over 30 years of progressive administrative experience in large public universities and over 10 years of experience teaching graduate coursework in higher education administration. Proven senior leadership, management, problem-solving and communication skills. Strong commitment to creating a collaborative, diverse work environment with a focus on student success. Significant experience in student retention research, enrollment forecasting, enrollment management, strategic planning and program development. Solid technical skills. I value integrity, diversity, teamwork, collaboration, employee development, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ph.D., Student Personnel Administration, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana ,1985
- M.S., Counseling and Personnel Services, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, 1981
- B.S., Psychology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, 1980
- B.S., Elementary Education, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, 1980
- Student persistence through degree completion
- Student services administration in higher education
|ELPS||781||Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education||syllabus|
|ELPS||981||Higher Education Law|
- KU Women's Hall of Fame, 2008
- National Residence Hall Honorary, Honorary Member, University of Kansas, 2007
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee, University of Kansas, 2010-2011
- Kansas Athletics Inc., Board of Directors and Chancellor's Advisory Committee, University of Kansas, 2004-2011
- Student Administration PeopleSoft Executive Sponsor and Leadership Team, University of Kansas, 2003-2011
- Vice President, Memorial Corporation Board (Kansas Unions), University of Kansas, 2003 – 2011
- Admissions Task Force (Chair), University of Kansas, 2009 – 2010
- Retention and Graduation Task Force, University of Kansas, 2009 – 2010
- Tuition Advisory Committee, University of Kansas, 2009 – 2010
- Graduate in Four Task Force, University of Kansas, 2005 – 2008
- United Way Board of Directors, Lawrence, KS, 2011-13
- United Way Campaign, University of Kansas Chair, 2006
- Planning Committee, National Association of Student Councils (NASC), 2007 Conference, Blue Valley Northwest High School, Overland Park, KS. 2003 – 2007.
- Association for Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU, formerly NASULGC)
- 2010 – 2011 Chair-Elect, Council on Student Affairs
- 2009 – 2011 Secretary, Council on Student Affairs
- 2005 - 2011 Executive Committee, Council on Student Affairs
- National Association for Student Personnel Administrators Region IV-West (NASPA IV-West)
- 2011-13 Board Member
- 2010 Mid-Level Institute Faculty Member
- 2009-2010 Conference Planning Committee, Major Speakers
- Roney, M.A., Wright, K. & York, A. (2011, June). Proactive auditing: Self assessments with audit substantiation. Annual meeting of the Big 12 Internal Auditors. Lawrence, KS.
- Roney, M.A. (2011, March). Effective organizational change. Professional edge series. University of Kansas Edwards Campus.
- Roney, M.A. (2010, November). Enrollment management 101. NASPA IV-W Mid-Level Institute. Omaha.
- Roney, M.A. (2010, November). Why are we doing this? Learning outcomes and assessment. NASPA IV-W Mid-Level Institute. Omaha.
- Roney, M.A. (2010, July). Campus life and student success: They depend on you. Invited keynote speaker. Mortar Board Annual Conference. Chicago.
- Roney, M.A., Carswell, J.W., and Zhiri, N. (2010, March). Building a sense-of-home when constructing new residence halls. Program session. Annual Meeting of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, Chicago.
- Roney, M.A. (2009, November). When the media drains your spirit: Strategies for media messaging. National Association of Student Personnel Administrators IV-West Annual Conference, Santa Fe.